Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Staying Connected

I'm a bit old-fashioned.  I love vintage jewelry, antiques and traditional quilting.  I also fancy myself a writer and love to describe things in detail.  So when it comes to social media, I don't do well explaining something in 140 characters or less!  I have forgone FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, and all those other ways of telling my friends what I'm up to.  Give me an old-fashioned blog any day! 


Karl and I are heading to France on our 7th extended stay.  We have visited every part of the country and still find more to explore.  On this trip, however, we are seeking to live the French lifestyle rather than check off a long list of places to see and things to do.  We're hoping for walks in the countryside, stopping to smell the flowers, perusing markets, sipping rosé wine, nibbling chocolate croissants, giving in to afternoon naps, reading in the shade of a gnarled old tree...  We are looking for that joie de vivre!  I predict there will be more lazy afternoons in cafés than visits to tourist sites.  But one never knows! 


What I do know is that blogs are a great way of remembering our journey.  You are invited to come along and live it vicariously through these photos and words.  Are your bags packed?  Allons-y!



4 comments:

  1. All signed up! Have a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about your adventures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting. I will be there in spirit, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will feel your spirit right there with us!

      Delete